Monday, July 2, 2012

Bead Soup: The Beads are Here

Lori Anderson is hosting her 6th Bead Soup Party, and everyone is sending out beads to their partners. Mine came over the weekend while I was up in Montreal for Canada Day.  When I got back I saw the package on the table. I was so excited to open it up. I mean who doesn't love getting a package; and one full of beads! 


Lori had paired me up with Cindy Wilson over at Mommy's Dream. When I got Lori's notice, I promptly went over to Cindy's Etsy site and discovered, much to my delight, that she works with shells and seaglass. I recently brought home a number of shells from New Zealand and wanted to send a few of those to her. I also got a stash of seaglass from a cousin stationed down in Cuba. So I knew that I wanted to send a few pieces of these to her as well.


I got the note from Lori hours before heading out the door for our annual family trip up to 'North Country' where we go every summer to spend time in the Adirondacks. No TV. Just swimming, kayaking and hiking. So I grabbed my stash for Cindy and headed out the door. I mailed it from the Adirondacks, and happily she mailed mine to me in the Adirondacks! This way I didn't have to wait until getting back home. So very thoughtful of her!   


What a gorgeous bead soup to work with! She included this pretty inlay shell pendant with rich browns, which I LOVE. 


And seaglass! I particularly like the larger ones as they are thin and will be great to work with. 


I've already started thinking through patterns. And I wanted to give just a super quick, sneak peak ... here is just the start of the piece I'm working on. More to come when we reveal our projects, so check back in a week or two.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I can not wait to see what you have created with your soup ingredients. I love the sneak peak!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sea glass looks like it will be a lot of fun to work with! I can't wait to see what you make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh.. sea glass.. love.. Can't wait to see what gorgeous heirloom you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love getting packages from other crafters :)
    What a great mix, especially the sea glass. Looking foward to your finished pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the palm trees piece!!

    x0x0,
    BarcelonaBrunettes

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many wonderful goodies!!! The inlay shell is GORGEOUS and makes me crave a vacation! I love the chunk of amber glass too. Have fun with all these fabulous pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are so beautiful, and you are so talented! Can't wait for your reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for the reveal...stunning start for your piece!

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy