Thursday, August 30, 2012

Freedom Friday: Dangle Earrings

Today is the second in a series of designs I'm showing of the pieces I'm creating with Nina Design materials. 

I love these bronze bubble links from Nina. I thought about including multiple stones from each of the loops, but these bubble links really need to stand on their own.

I decided to hang a setting from the bottom loop to accentuate the design. I paired them with a small square majapahit spacer, also from Nina, two wave brush gold discs and multiple gold chain. I love the wave discs; their shape reminds me of potato chips! I gave the discs an extra twist to show off the flare in their waves. 

I used a double wire loop (tutorial on double wire loop here) with a fine gauge gold fill wire (26g GF) which gives me a lot of flexibility to wrap the wire. Lastly, I used a kidney wire for the setting as I wanted to give some length to this design. 

I don't normally use only metal for my settings as I am forever looking to add beads to almost anything and everything I make. But I like how these look with all the various types of gold sheen.

The materials above were provided as part of the Nina Designs blogging program. The author of this blog has not received any payment from above-mentioned company. The post above represents only personal opinion of the blog author. 

21 comments:

  1. These, for some reason, make me think of Arabian Nights :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, me too! The gold and the swirling design make these just right for the Sultan's wife :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful and the circles sparkle in the light. Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous design!! I like the gold shine accessories.


     Travelers 

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous!!! I love the bubble findings! There is something classy about all metal findings. I think it makes the pieces appear dressier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful!!!! thank you for your friendship!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cynthia,
    I love, love, love the earrings. I not always a fan of gold, but these apeal to me.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were spot on to keep these as "metal on metal"! These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thx for comment! Do you want follow each other? Follow me, I follow you back soon!

    NEW OUTFIT POST
    http://www.cheapandglamour.com/2012/08/wedding-outfit-look-silvian-heach.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like the bubble, and the spacer plus the terrific textured potato chips are great. This all metal earring is ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw those and thought of Mickey Mouse! But then again, I'm a Disney addict! Good idea to let the bubbles stand on their own!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very pretty! Thank you for sharing your lovely post at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop linky party xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're getting better and better! These are absolutely gorgoeus!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm enjoying this series of designs, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a fabulous week dear! :)

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am glad my quotes inspired you dear <3 I am thinking of doing one every day :)

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. very beautiful! lovely earrings! I'm inlove!

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. following you now

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cynthia - these earrings are gorgeous! I love circles and dangles :)

    P.S. Please send me an email for the 'Pay It Forward'! I don't have your email (it's not set up on blogger :)) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy