Monday, September 10, 2012

Anniversaries: Wedding Pearls


A year ago today, my friends Tony and Melissa were married in a beautiful outdoor wedding. She looked stunning in a gorgeous J. Crew, long summer sheath (Seraphina Gown). And she was wearing a triple-strand pearl necklace that I created for her. Yep, she trusted me with her wedding necklace! In fact she said "surprise me, I trust you." Now mind you, she is a clothing designer by trade, so this blew me away! She asked for pearls, lots and lots of them, with a bit of silver and bling (earlier post). I was so thrilled that she liked what I created. She declared "perfect" when I handed her the final design.


I met Melissa on my daily commute into Manhattan. It is funny what fast friends you make held captive on a 1-hour train, day after day. You end up talking about anything and everything. You talk about your boss, the crazy neighbor, your man's quirks (if my darling husband is reading this I swear I didn't reveal ... much). Needless to say you start to know your 'train crowd' (as we call it) better then the rest of your friends that you are forever trying to find a time that works to get together.


At the moment, Melissa and Tony are traveling through France to celebrate their first married year together. Visiting chateaux', tasting wine, sipping real Champagne (not just sparkling wine), trying fantastic smelly French cheese, practicing their French and well generally having a lot more fun than I am at my day job in hot & steamy New York City! 

I can't wait to see the pictures when they get back. They always take such inspiring trips. The honeymoon was in Spain including a newly renovated, ultra modern hotel with spectacular views. They went to Madrid, Barcelona and down along the Southern coast. Serious day-dreaming material. Sigh.

I will have to take notes -- very detailed notes, and then bug my hubby about taking a trip. Wish me luck!

13 comments:

  1. Lovely, can see why she said they were perfect. Indeed they were. Wonder if you take the same train into NYC that my son does???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luck!!! But wow, those pearls are gorgeous -- fit for a queen really; it goes with her simple gown beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful necklace, it looks lovely on her,happy bride and groom ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia, the pearls are so lovely--couldn't you convince them that they needed a chaperone? You let them go twice now without you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautiful neklace and great job!
    kisses chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an honor to make such beautiful pearls for her special day! The necklace turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is so pretty and I can't believe you made her necklace! It's gorgeous and I'm sure it meant the world to her :)

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    Enter to win my Benefit cosmetics giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly a beautiful necklace AND dress...AND bride! She does look like the type who could wear anything-lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely creation, dear friend!!!
    I met my best friend at the hairdressing...
    Have a nice day!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary to your friends! The pearls are so pretty. What wonderful vacations these 2 take! Yes, it is time to start hounding the hubby about vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a stunning three strand pearl necklace and it looks gorgeous on your friend!
    Making friends on trains is about the only thing I miss since I left the corporate world...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, that is so much pressure to make something for the bride! And you passed with flying colors! Its pretty and the bride is lovely in it!

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy