Tuesday, April 23, 2013

BBA Challenge :: Renewal

Nothing says the renewal of spring quite like the tender green colors of the shoots coming up around the yard, or the leaves just starting to bud. And well, for me it is this color of light, spring green everywhere that gets me excited about what is about to burst open with color! My piece for this month's BBA Challenge is using a tone on tone color of pale, delicate green; in multiple sizes and shapes.

I've been having lots of fun lately with bead weaving. Practicing my two new favorites stitches over, and over again! You'll see ladder and brick in this piece, which my beady, bloggy friend Christine so generously (and might I add --- patiently) taught me. And it is showing up in all kinds of places! I finished off the closure with these two stitches along with a lotus green button.

The main portion of the bracelet is actually peyote (my go-to stitch), but I mixed it up a little by adding Czech tear-drop beads. I love the effect! It looks like bubbles across the surface of the bracelet. I was at a bead show in March and I noticed that spike beads are showing up in a lot of patterns. I'm not quite sure I'm ready to use something so pointy in my work, but these seem like a more feminine biker play on the pattern. 

17 comments:

  1. This is beautifully imaginative, and in my favourite colour as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everyone clicks on your photos to get the full effect of this beautiful palette. Love the muted greens of the bracelet, and then that gorgeous button adds just the right spark!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karin is right~visitors need to be sure to click on the photos to see them up close. That button is beautiful and perfect for this bracelet! This is such a beauty! A fresh,Spring, LadyBiker beauty! And don't let her fool you folks~she is a VERY fast learner ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bracelet has beautiful dimension and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lush bracelet -- your beadwork is amazing! You must have the patience of a saint :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!!! I love these soft greens. Those teardrop beads are so sweet and they give the bracelet such a neat texture! Spiked beads sounds interesting. You will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful -- and a lovely piece for this month's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I LOVE that! It's beautiful Cynthia! I love the feminine biker look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is so intricate and the colors are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tone on tone colours, and really like the bubble beads. It's a beautiful bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work!!!
    besos, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Exquisite!! A beautiful response to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bracelet is gorgeous!! You've captured the delightfulness of Spring green in this wonderful piece! I love the variety of techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous bracelet, and a wonderful color to match spring popping up everywhere. And I agree with you about the pointy beads...not quite my style!

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy