Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Featured :: ZnetShows Sea Glass

I showed you a blue glass hoop yesterday from Bill at ZnetShows, and today I'm switching over to orange glass. Same hoop, different color, and earrings instead of a toggle.

I picked up these cute brass dragonflies on a recent excursion to Metalliferous with a beady friend Linda Younkman of Lindy's Designs. She and I were like kids in a candy store sifting through all the fun charms they have there! I walked away with a bag full of great new brass to play with.

These are a fun, and easy pair to make. Just a quick twist of a large wire loop and a bend of the brass charm. Easy peasy, and you have a fun pair for summer!

15 comments:

LisaS said...

Oh these are cute! -and I do like those rings, very versatile. ;)

Duni said...

Ooh, these are very eyecatching! The brass and orange glass is such a unique combination!

Juniper Goods said...

I love these! Great idea :)

Jacquelineand.... said...

These are beautiful Cynthia, absolutely gorgeous and so unique...not that I am at ALL fond of dragonflies, lol.

Sending you warm hugs. Thank you.

Linda Y said...

Ohhh -- I was reading the blog and I saw those dragonflies and I said to myself I like how she used those - read further down and they were the same ones we picked up in NYC. What a great job you did with those Cynthia. I love sea glass - love the whole idea of sea glass and these rings you have been using are great - I think I may need to pick up some. What fun!

Christine Altmiller said...

what Fun in the Sun Earrings! Love em!

Claudia Aguilar said...

These are too cute! I can image you in that 'candy store' :)

Marcela Gmd said...

Wow, wow, wow lovely earrings!!! I love the dragonflies!!
Have a good week!!! and my g+ for you!!!:)))

Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

BeadedTail said...

Those are so cute and are perfect for summer! Great idea!

Memories for Life said...

I love how the butterfly wraps around the glass...very cool design!

Caron Michelle said...

Beautiful - I love your utilisation of the sea glass, gorgeous colour!

BackstoryBeads said...

Love the citrus-y orange, and with just the perfect amount of shimmery gold, you've made them the perfect accessory for day or night! Great inventive use of those dragonflies!

Anindita Basu said...

Just beautiful, Cynthia. I love the simplicity in hese earrings. Dita

Magic Love Crow said...

Very pretty and summery ;o)

Miss Val's Creations said...

I am loving this orange glass! The dragonflies are hugging them perfectly.

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy