Saturday, September 14, 2013

Blog Hop :: Ears to You

Amy over at Copper Diem is such a kind soul, always working on ways to give back. I had the pleasure of meeting Amy in person at Bead Fest this year. She is one crazy lady! (I mean that as a compliment!) So much fun and energy; it was a blast to get to know her.

One of the things she is continually doing is giving earrings to a group called Ears to You. If you don't know who they are ... they tell you they "bring smiles and hope to cancer patients one pair of earrings at a time." It is a way to help women and girls feel more 'normal' and beautiful at a time when they are adjusting to hair loss.

This particular hop is dedicated to young girls who are currently going through treatments. So our challenge was to make earrings that were more youthful and fun. She asked us to create a couple of pairs of earrings. But here's the thing. I have 2 girls, so I'm always playing around with a fun pair of earrings for my girls. And what happens is that they pick some, and not others. So I end up with lots of extra pairs. This stash here was just sitting in a box in my studio. I thought what a great way to get these off to someone who might want them! So you'll see 'girly' pink, crazy Halloween, dainty butterflies and ladybugs, and just sparkly dangles. Don't forget to check out all the other bloggers participating back over on Amy's blog.

16 comments:

  1. Oh - these are all wonderful earrings! I especially like those pumpkins ones and believe some young girl will too! I'm glad I was able to participate this go around in Amy's hop - such a wonderful cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to use up "extra" earrings. A great selection for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cynthia,
    Wow these earring are so very cute and fun the girls receiving these will enjoy wearing them.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love all the variety and color. it's a great idea to include some seasonal ones like those pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cynthia, these are so sweet! Every pair will be much loved and bring lots of smiles :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great stash of earrings! I love making earring for my nieces too, so it was fun to make teen/tween earrings this time around. such a fun age range to create for. thanks for participating, and it was GREAT meeting you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely collection! -and such a great cause. Glad to hear about it. Thanks for spreading the word ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great collection and what a lovely way for them to find a home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic earrings Cynthia! I'm certain they're going to be a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure these earrings will bring many smiles ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous earrings and what a great group! I hadn't heard of that before but it's a wonderful way to bring smiles to so many!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super fun earrings Cynthia. Will be sure to cheer up some young girls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great cause...and the earrings are such fun! I especially like the girly pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely way to cheer someone up!

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy