Wednesday, September 11, 2013

On the Bead Table :: Tilas

After Bead Fest, it is hard to know where to start with digging in to the stash. So I thought I'd warm up with a simple little design of tilas and micro seed beads. Nothing too fancy, but sometimes the simplicity of a piece is enough.

I picked up a bunch of brass connectors at the show, which I knew was going to fit right into my repertoire. I think these give the piece that Egyptian feel; fit for a queen. Hmmmmm, maybe that's what I'll have to call this one: the Cleopatra Cuff.

I've got some earrings that I made that match this cuff that I'll be sharing this weekend in Shel's Pearl Blog Hop. Be sure to stop back by and check them out.

14 comments:

LisaS said...

Gorgeous cuff! I love those connectors. Looking forward to the hop -its going to be fun ;)

Halinka said...

Hi:
The cuff is wonderful.Lovely colors as well and the nice closure,matching perfectly here.
I've always repeated: simplicity is the quintesence of elegance:-)
Warm Greetings-Halinka-

Duni said...

One word: Stunning!
At first I read your title as "tiles" instead of Tilas, but on closer inspection of your beautiful cuff, the little square beads do look a little like teensy tiles ;-)

Christine Altmiller said...

beautiful in its color and simplicity <3
and that connector is fantastic! cannot wait to see what pearl goodness you reveal on sunday

Marcela Gmd said...

Lovely!!!
Thank you so much for your sweet comment, dear friend!
Have a good week!! my g+ for your post!!

Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

BeadedTail said...

So simple yet oh so beautiful! Love it!

Claudia Aguilar said...

I love you when one has too many toys to play with! This bracelet is fit for a queen. I love the color!

Shel said...

Oh, this looks really gorgeous! Very Cleopatra indeed!! Awesome shot, too!! Excited to see those earrings, too. I better get to creating something for my own pearl hop this weekend and figure out the inlinkz thing before it's too late!! ;-) Lol!! Came through my root canal alive today, so that's a good thing!!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Cleopatra Cuff is beautiful! I love the overall brassy feel, perfect for fall. Tile beads are so neat but for some reason I have never used them. I will have to pick some up to experiment with!

EWA gyöngyös világa! / EWA's World of Beads! said...

Beautiful bracelet! Congrats!

Magic Love Crow said...

Beautiful! I love the design and I love the name!

BIKBIK AND RORO said...

This is really brilliant -- your work is so beautiful! Thank you so much for what you said; it meant more to me than you can know *hugs*

Therese's Treasures said...

Beautiful Cynthia, sometime we need a simple project to get back in gear.
Therese

SueBeads said...

GORGEOUS!

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy