Saturday, July 26, 2014

CC7A :: Celebrations

We began our journey in Canada with Monique and her challenge of the National Gallery of Canada. And now we end our series of the Creative Continuum of 7 Artists in Canada with the polymer extraordinaire Emma of A Polymer Penchant

This month Emma sent out a stash of beads including a beautiful pendant of polymer that she made which looks a bit like fireworks. She's sending us off in style.

Her challenge for July is just the perfect final celebration for our group of seven. I decided to string it with some simple silk thread and knot the stash of matching beads Emma sent.  I created a faint braiding with the thread which I think gives it a bit of a romantic look.

To finish up my set, I used some unusual beads that Emma sent that are hoops with balls along the outer edge. I stacked them to look a bit like a burst of fireworks. At least that is what I saw as I stacked and twisted the ensemble together.

I'm going to miss our monthly get togethers with this group. We've had a lot of fun trying out all sorts of beads and styles. Thank you all for a great ride!

Check out the rest of the crew's final projects: Alicia (our host), Emma (this month's featured artist), Therese, Christine, Monique and Sally

22 comments:

  1. Loving this piece Cynthia. The simple knotted braiding lets the focal shine. And those earrings are just plain fun, fun, fun. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Cynthia, I like how you went simple in your necklace design, but yet it makes a statement. You and I made similar earrings with the twirlly bop thingies. I forgot to post so I will be posting when I get home from work.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see the fireworks but I also see ballerina dancers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What perfect pieces for July resembling fire works!
    Love the earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the balance in that necklace --it's a beautiful complement to Emma's focal. I also love how you used the little gear-like components to create the earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the softness of your necklace and the fun energy of the earrings, Cynthia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The necklace is so pretty and how fun are those earrings! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this set is stunning! I love the colours ;o) So pretty, fresh and fun ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how I love this necklace - the various shades of silk thread really make that gorgeous focal shine! Very cute earrings, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The pieces came out so pretty! Very romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cynthia, You sure let Ema's focal shine with your lovely knotted design. The earrings are cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So feminine! Love the design AND the earrings! They look very sexy to me! Great job!
    veradesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very sweet delicate necklace. Perfect for summer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Emma's pendant radiates energy and the soft colors you've paired it with intensify its effect beautifully. How do you DO that?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the piece. Great colors used.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What stunning pieces - the colors are really sweet, and romantic as you mentioned....love the silk thread you used. The earrings are so sweet too. You and your group made some amazing designs and shared a lot of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Got my computer back 30 min ago and testing the waters. My comment on another blog failed. Let me try here. Love these! The earrings are fun and colorful and the necklace...simple, lovely, light, breezy, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those earrings are gorgeous! I LOVE the mix of pinks! The pendant you received is wonderful...is it strange it reminds me of Bundt Cake?!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful work!! I love this color!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend, dear Cynthia!! and my g+!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Emma is a wonder with polymer clay, and I admire the creations you have made here!

    ReplyDelete
  22. A very appropriate celebration piece! Love the delicate look of both the necklace and earrings. Very romantic, indeed!

    Cynthia, thank you for joining the group on this lovely journey, it was lots of fun! I'll miss it too (I should do something about it, right? :) )

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy