Thursday, August 28, 2014

Bead Fest :: A Look At The Loot

I'll try to be heavier on pictures and lighter on words because I know you guys just want to see the loot. So let's get to it. First stop for Bead Fest is always Artisan Alley. I tried not to go too wild because I shop so many of my favorite artisan Etsy sites throughout the year that I really just wanted a chance to meet many of the people behind the beads. It was so fun to see Linda Landig selling her beads this year - go Linda! And one of my favorite Artisans to buy from flew all the way from England to join the show; Lesley Watt. What fun to meet her! She is just as nice in person as I thought she would be.

I also have a tiny thing ... ok kinda a problem with findings. I am absolutely in love with the ball clasp thingies. Can you tell? And then there were these cute little fish and bird clasps ... the bird ones open when you push down the tail. How cute is that? My young assistant, aka The Bead Girl, just had to have those. My absolute favorites were the fish with hooks in that yummy patina. Can't wait to match those up with some turquoise or something.... hmmmm

Ok, where next? Oh right, seed beads! Oh the seed beads. I could spend hours upon hours just digging through the colors, and sizes and shapes! There are so many new shapes these days with tilas, and duos, and superduos and what have you. I picked up beads by the half tube, the full tube, the hank, the strand and cluster. Look at those ones in the center called Picasso (right next to the half tubes). Aren't those gorgeous!

I got completely distracted by the stones, as I always do. I lost my bead show partners in crime (Melinda Orr and Linda Younkman) more than once. You know when you try to call or text a serious beady lady at Bead Fest they don't pick up? whatsup with that? I absolutely HAD to check out the jasper again this year. I picked up quite a lot of it last year, and seriously didn't need any more, but I couldn't help myself! Look at the reds in that Red Creek jasper. Then I found a total steal on strands of stone at 75% off. Say what? I picked up some green turquoise, lemon chrysoprase and I think that was picasso, but I completely forgot what the others were. I just love those rich earthy colors! The pendants aren't stones, but they sure are sweet. 

Ok just one more set to show you all. It wouldn't be Bead Fest without a little swapping. You can see all the people swapping in the pictures I posted over at Creative Bead Chat on my article Behind the Scenes of Bead Fest. I got these awesome closures from my friend Linda Younkman and that cool leather snap closure from Melinda. The rest of the swap items were The Bead Girl who was running around handing out beads to everyone. A beader in the making to be sure. Bead Fest can be a bit overwhelming, to say the least. We were all talking about the 'Bead Hangover' come Monday morning. But I wouldn't miss it for the world. It is so much fun to meet everyone in person.

18 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What fabulous beady goodies! I would love, love, love to go to a Bead Fest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that must've been some Fest :) I love the pendants with leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beads are all fabulous - and your are correct - the Red Creek Jasper is divine! LOOK AT ALL OF THOSE FINDINGS!! HAHA! I have a couple of those bird clasps in my stash in copper - love them, and they are so easy to grasp for opening and closing! One of these days, the stars will align and I WILL make it to Bead Fest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these days, I WILL get there! Oh, I rather adore those seedies! You really snagged some awesome stuff girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fun for sure! Loved every minute of it - only problem there wasn't enough time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such beautiful treasure! Those fish clasps are so unique and wonderful... I really do have to make a trip there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a fabulous time! I love all the findings. A show like that one is the place to find unusual things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow - such goodies! I love those little ball clasp thingies, too. I pick them up when I can here in town at Bead World, but they run out of them a lot! I must admit that I drooled over your seed bead photo!! I have two tubs of seed beads and you know that I don't do any sort of beadwork,....but they just too darn awesome to pass up!! Everything else is just fabulous and I now have bead envy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the luscious loot, Cynthia (seriously jealous!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really racked up some serious beady goodness! I have to laugh at your ball clasps things because I have some of the same things. . .from the same dealer. The ladies from Turtle Moon have come down here a time or two. I even took a class from them at a local bead store. Anyway, that tickled me that we have that degree of separation. I'm glad you had a good time and appreciate you sharing the goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely beads!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!!! my g+ for you!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you had an awesome time Cynthia! Those fish clasps are so cute. I can't wait to see how you work them into your designs. The gemstones would have been my weakness. You got cool pieces! Enjoy working with your new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that is a lot of good goodies ;o) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic post

    I started following your blog.

    kiss kiss

    Cultureandtrend

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lots of new toys to play with yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow-what a gorgeous array of bead goodies! You made out like a bead bandit! ;) My favorites are the artisan beads and the gemstone pairs-those are fabulous. I enjoyed meeting both you and your lovely daughter. I hope we didn't overwhelm her with our bead craze!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holey Moley - what a great haul. Looks like you had a lot of fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is quite a haul Cynthia. Wish I was there too.

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy