Monday, December 8, 2014

Stones and Leather

I haven't had a lot of time for blogging in the last few weeks with my pesky day job getting in the way. I have, however, continued to make a few things at night to unwind. Nothing complicated. Usually just something rhythmic in my hands that helps me relax at the end of long, long days.

I felt like making something earthy, and a bit raw like what I was seeing outside these days. I grabbed some gorgeous veined stones I bought back in August at Beadfest. I was at one of the vendors, can't remember the name of it, and I saw strands, and strands of stones for 50% off. I just could not walk away. I'm pretty sure these are jasper, but what type? I lost track in the frenzy that ensues with 'beads' and '50% off' in the same sentence. These greenish-grey-black stones were perfect to pair up with a set of tooled leather ends I got from Melinda Orr. Aren't they amazing? I love the green, earthy leaf pattern. I punched a few holes and strung the stones straight into the leather. This one feels substantial around the wrist and stacks in a lovely multi-layer of stone strands.

10 comments:

  1. Love it! This stone is so beautiful with the Melinda's brilliant leather work. It definitely looks like a jasper but I have no clue what this one is either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Cynthia,
    The stones go so well with the tooled leather by Melinda. Yep Jasper but like you and Val I can not tell what kind.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really looks like Melinda's leather was made specifically for those stones! This bracelet is absolutely wonderful! It proves once again that beauty need not be complicated. And that creating beauty is good therapy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you still have beady time in the evenings! This bracelet is beautiful! Bet it's fun to wear too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those stones are lovely! And the bracelet has a wonderful boho vibe! Excellent work as always and I'm glad it helped you unwind :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work!!!!
    Have a good week!! my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those leather ends work so perfectly with your chosen beads! Nice way to unwind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful bracelet! You really made Melinda's leather clasp shine. There are so many jaspers , it is hard to remember all of the names! Plus, once we leave Bead Fest we are in a bead daze and are lucky we remember anything. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's in a name, Cynthia? I just know I love this bracelet!

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy