Monday, August 3, 2015

The Sea :: Aegean

This is the final posting for my sea inspired series using sea glass beads from Znetshows.comI still have a few beads left, so good chance I'll be back with more designs. But later in the summer, or maybe this fall. I've been swamped at work lately and haven't made it to my bead table at all yet this summer other than this handful of sea glass designs from early June. 

I made one last pair of sea glass earrings, this time in a beautiful sea foam green. And I included a companion pair using silver sequins. I never really thought of myself as a sequin person, but in these designs I love how it gives off just a bit of chime in your ear when you wear them. I can imagine sitting high up on the bluff of the sea with that bit of sea breeze giving everything a bit of sway.

For this series, I've given you a few places that top my bucket list to visit. This next place is featured in my inspiration board. The Aegean Sea, home to some 2,000 islands inhabited through the ages by Greeks, Turks, Phoenicians, Philistines, Egyptians and countless other travelers. If I were a time traveler and could go back in time, this would probably be my first stop. All those flowing fabrics, strappy sandals, dangling jewelry and plenty of wine. Who's with me?

The first time I can remember reading about the Mediterranean I was cracking open that enormous book of Homer's Odyssey that talked about journeys on the sea, colossal statues and sirens off the sea cliffs. Even though it is full of myth and legend, it had me dreaming of warm breezes and clear blue seas. Don't forget to check out all the other designers and the most current edition of Creative Spark.

9 comments:

  1. I love sequins and your dangle earrings turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post!!! and lovely earrings!!!
    Have a good week, dear friend!!! and my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these earrings as well! My bucket list does include some places that are not in North America, but sadly I don't think I will see them b/c I am just too afraid to fly anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your earrings! I love sea glass and you really spotlight it with your designs. They're so light and summery looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sea foam green earrings! They are so pretty! I hope to visit the Aegean Sea one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beautiful designs make me think of that dreamy Aegean sea region! I completely agree this would be amazing to visit going back in time when things were so rich (especially for the wine).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally coming up for air and catching up on my favorite blogs! Love your sea glass series - some of my favorites beads to TOUCH, you know?! The images you have placed on the blog take me away - so beautiful! I really need to WRITE DOWN my bucket list one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these earrings are super pretty!! They'd go perfectly while time traveling to the Aegean Sea. I'd go with you and wear a pair while sipping wine and wearing strappy sandals,...yep!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your earrings, and can perfectly imagine the beautiful tinkle of the sequins in the Aegean breeze...and while I'm not surprised that Greece is high on your bucket list, it made me think of the Edith Hamilton Mythology book that I read over and over as a kid. More proof we're kindred spirits!

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy