Tuesday, November 24, 2015

CC7A :: Blue Skies

We are wrapping to a close on our second year of our CC7A group hop, the Creative Continuum of Seven Artists created and hosted by Alicia of All The Pretty Things blog. Each one of us have co-hosted a month by sending around a photo to the team to inspire our creative thinking. 

This final month is hosted by Christine. She sent around such a cool inspiration as we head into winter. A view of an open blue sky that can consume the landscape once the trees are bare. It makes me think of seeing the migrating birds heading South for the winter. It is a dramatic sight in an empty sky.

That is why my piece for this month is of a bird in flight. That is exactly where my mind went when I saw Christine's photo. I think we all struggle with finding that bit of breezy blue sky inspiration once the days turn short, and often the skies are grey and heavy with snow. But on those rare days when the sky just opens up with a burst of blue on a cold day it makes you want to breathe in deeply and enjoy the short bit of warmth on your face. Thanks for this photo Christine. It is that warm blanket on a cold winter's day.

I also decided to add a pair of earrings. They match the necklace, but only with the agate rondelle accent beads I have included in both. The skeleton of the leaves reminds me of what is left behind after they fall. That delicate, decaying lace stretching between the skeleton of the leaf that was. Ok, one last turn about the rest of the blogs for our group hop: Christine, Therese, Sally, Alicia and Monique. Be sure to check them all out!

13 comments:

  1. Love the minimalist style of this necklace and the swallow connector is perfect! Cute leaf earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely design!!! I love the necklace!!!
    Have a nice day!!! and my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful inspiration photo. I love the pieces you created for this change in seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful interpretation of that blue sky, I love the delicacy and the simplicity of your designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you look at the photo in a certain way, it almost looks like the leaves are actually birds, poised to soar into the sky - just like the centerpiece of your necklace. And the leaves of your earrings are evocative of the shapes of the branches in silhouette. All in all, a great realization of the interpretation - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what I love more, your words or your creations. Thankfully, I don't have to choose. You were in that photo when you wrote and again when you made the necklace and earrings. You captured the photo perfectly...the open blue sky with a hearty bird soaring to its next home and leaves that are not alive but still have beauty left in them. How do you do that ~ get so deep into a photo like that? You, my BBF, are in my heart. I am grateful for you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We certainly love birdies! :) Lovely pieces and once again a lovely model!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cynthia,
    I am always blown away with your creativity and the way you interpret the photos. I am all about the color you and Christine take the abstract way of creating and do how the photo makes you feel, which I admire that type of creativity. The necklace is so pretty in it's simplicity and the earrings I love so fragile looking. Like Christine I like the story behind your creations of how the photo made you feel. Here in the south we get a lot of those open blue sky days in the winter so I kind of take it for granted that everyone has the same. I hope you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am late for this party and will be posting on Saturday.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a beautiful bird necklace. I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great interpretation of the blue sky picture Christine chose for this month. I love the simple elegance of both the necklace and the leaves: exactly like the branches, they need very little and express a lot. The skeleton leaves are brilliant: just what you imagine still clinging on those almost empty branches, before the last wind blows them away. Thank you so much for participating - you have all been wonderful partners (although I haven't been the greatest host lately). Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so see your interpretation of Christine's wonderful photo. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cynthia, Your necklace is simple but highly effective. You captured the spirit of the photo perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both pieces are so delicate and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy