Sunday, May 22, 2016

The Fallen Sky Stone

The Navajo believed that turquoise was a piece of the sky that had fallen to the earth and called it Fallen Sky Stone. It was believed to be a great healing stone. I could use some healing powers this weekend.

The memorial for our friend was on Friday, and there were many tears shed by the people who loved him. From the friends, family and his children who he leaves behind. I wish he could have been there to see how much he was loved.

The weather at the moment looks as I feel. Cold, rainy and grey. Usually I enjoy the rain. It is that Pacific Northwest in me that needs the rain to refresh. It makes me want to sit by the fire and go deep into my own thoughts. I believe that is where I am this weekend. 

The Native American legend celebrates the relief felt when the rains came. Water was the symbol of life.  When the rain began the people would dance and rejoice with tears streaming down their faces. The rain and their tears would mix and seep into Mother Earth to become Sky Stone. A beautiful way to symbolize the cycle of life. There are just moments along the journey that are more difficult than others. And so I may walk in the rain today just to feel it on my face.

22 comments:

  1. Lovely story Cynthia. I love turquoise and you did a fantastic job with these. I always enjoy reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thoughtful post Cynthia and lovely earrings, I'm watching the rain fall as I'm reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words and thoughts... I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly put Cynthia! Life is not easy. I love how Native Americans worshiped the rain. I sort of rejoice in the warmer months when there is a lack of rain and it finally falls again. Nature is much more beautiful with plenty of it. Your earrings are beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it takes a tragedy to bring us back to focus on what matters, and tell the people around us how much they mean to us. Once I started loosing people I really started to re-evaluate my life, and also see that sometimes there really were no opportunities for re-do's. There is something called Death Cafe. You may want to check and see if there is one in your area. It's just ordinary people getting together to talk about death. I've been and found it helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post. And beautiful earrings.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Cynthia! And I love the rain too. I miss the PNW so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so very sorry for your loss...Sending healing prayers your way...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your fallen sky stone earrings, they speak to my heart. I also love that you know how to appreciate and lean into rainy days, I believe they are good for our soul.

    And I love how you wished your friend could have been there to see how much he was/is loved. I'm so sorry for your deep sadness and loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry about your friend, Cynthia. His spirit will have felt the love. ((hugs))
    The turquoise earrings are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful words!!! Nice earrings!!!
    Have a good week!!! and my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. My grandfather said it always rained on the most important days of his life. Your post reminded me of him - he didn't complain about the rain or say it in a sad way, but in a matter of fact/reflective kind of way. I hope you were able to take that walk in the rain and it helped a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely thoughts. Sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you found some healing this weekend. I find rainy days good for thinking and reflecting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I did not know this background about the turquoise...very interesting. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Turquoise is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Big Healing Hugs my friend! I know this is so hard! I love how you wrote about the Native American Legend! It goes along with your post perfectly! As you know, I love my turquoise.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sadly beautiful story. Much love and light to you and yours in your time of grief. <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for the background on Fallen Sky Stone - how special. And, with your friend's passing, a piece of sky has been returned. So sorry to read about your friend. Is this the one you wrote about earlier this month? Such a difficult thing to process. Your post is a good reminder that the journey can be so difficult for some.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Still thinking of you and Dave and sending you warm, healing thoughts as your loss is still so raw and vivid in your minds.

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy