Sunday, July 24, 2016

Summer Design Series :: Oranges of Summer

I love this carnelian orange color. It reminds me of those deep colors of late summer and fall. I guess some would call this 'burnt' orange, or even tangerine which is what ZnetShows calls these tube beads of sea glass.

The thing about color (at least for me) is all in how you pair it. Sometimes you need to give a vibrant color a little breathing room. So when I paired it with some hematite and gun metal colored crystals I noticed that it seemed to deepen the orange color and create a very rich combination. Where black might have been striking, the grey was rich. It does really pop paired with Kate's pale blue boho dress.

This is the last multi-strand necklace that I created for this summer design series. All of these necklaces were the same pattern, but I changed up the colors and textures between ribbon, leather and beaded accents. Funny how just a small adjustment can seemingly create a whole new look.

12 comments:

  1. Stunning! I've always loved the look of multi-strand necklaces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love that color but I never know quite how to use it. One day I want to paint an accent wall burnt orange. Gray was a really good choice, the necklace came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely necklace!!!
    Have a good week!! and my g+ for you!!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the three layers there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although Fall is my most favorite time of the year, I've never been in love with orange but this burnt orange is fabulous and I adore this necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Tube beads stump my creativity so I love what you did with these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Necklace! Your are right the orange beads give the Necklace a perfect Fall look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love the color combos & the multi-strands! They definitely each have a different feel to them. Very inviting!

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy