Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Summer Design Series :: Rustic Boho

I love this dress that Kate's wearing in this second photo session. But then I did pick it out on a recent shopping trip into NYC. She slipped it on, and It fit her perfectly. So there you go.

We were a good hour into our session, and Kate starting to wonder if I was ever going to stop asking her to put yet another pair of earrings into her ears. You'd be surprised how sore your ear can get after a few 20 times or so of this. So can't say I blame her for wanting to switch to bracelets.

After I made the multi-strand necklace I posted a few weeks back, I had just two yellow sea glass nuggets left sitting there on the bead table. I always hate to leave bead orphans in a bowl just waiting to be used in some other piece. So I went on the hunt through my stash. I've been trying very hard to use up my beads vs. running out to buy more beads. I found these sweet lotus charms and decided to pair them with more crystals and a touch of leather. The look gave me a nice, light weight rustic boho pair of earrings.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful combination of materials! They can out fabulous. I have never changed my earrings a bunch of times in a day but I imagine that can hurt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty! I like the little coins dangling from the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great earrings! And her dress is lovely too. I have been trying to use up the beads I have too. It's challenging sometimes cause I see pretty new strands that I want to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so blessed to have a beautiful model!...she is a natural! Her skin is flawless and I am green with envy!

    Love this combination...they are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those earrings! They're so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mix of glass, metal and leather. They really come together for a great look. The multi-strand from last post is pretty special too. I have some blue tube beads for an Andrew Thornton challenge I couldn't figure out how to use. Would you mind if I did something similar to your multi-strand? I will link back to your site...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they are just the perfect pair of earrings! and the pretty beads are not orphans any more! I love the ending!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a patient and pretty model :)
    I love all the different pieces you used in these earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty, wonderful mixture of parts for these and I like that none was left in the bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the style of your daughter!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to say, the dress is very pretty! Well done, on picking it out! Love the earrings! Glad you are using up your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice! I too like the boho feel with the leather & crystals. It's good look!

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy