Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Summer Design Series :: Water Dance

Of all the pieces I made for this series I believe these earrings are my favorite. I have had these silver twist connectors for years, but have never been able to find the right use for them. But for some reason when I saw these gorgeous little crystals in a color called 'lake blue' I knew exactly what I was going to do! I could just see them set as cluster drops for these earrings. 

They are perfect, long and dangling earrings for summer that are feather-light to wear. They like to twist in the wind. And when the light catches them they sparkle like the sun dancing across the water. 

I made two pair of these which are both featured in the recent version of Spark Magazine. The other pair have single crystal drops vs. these that are in clusters. 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely earrings!!!!
    Have a nice day!!! and my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo...this may be one of my favorite pieces you've made yet! I love that they're simple and elegant, but have a wow factor with the twists and length! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beauties! They remind me of the Caribbean. Congratulations on the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! I have to know, are they all sterling silver? And, what is the length?? The other pair are so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and summery! Love that design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! They ARE perfect! They dangle and twist in the wind and are so very pretty on your awesome model ... well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it funny how we often need to wait awhile before materials speak to us? LOVE your use of the connectors in earrings. They have such a contemporary vibe. Really looks pretty with your daughter's long hair.

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy