Sunday, January 28, 2018

Take Two :: Menat Necklace

I don't know what it is about this necklace that makes me want to keep beading more, but it seems to have that effect on me. 

I did a Menat style necklace a few months back, and when I found some gorgeous piccaso blue drops I knew I had to make another one of these necklaces. This Etsy shop is actually in the Czech Republic, and had such a great stash of Czech beads. Weird question. If this shop is in Prague, does that mean that any beads it sells is by definition Czech beads?

A few people asked if I would have my lovely model pose for a picture in the necklace. So without further ado, as requested she is modeling my latest necklace. 

This is a slightly different pattern from the first necklace - it is a bit shorter, and beads up faster. Not a bad thing. However, when I finished the necklace I just didn't like the alternating bead color along the bottom ... it needed more dark blue drops. So I went back through the edging and added more. I like the alternating depth of the edge; it gives it so much more character. 

The other thing I added was a thin grey leather cord along the top. The beads were a little wonky at the top edge, but the leather gives it a nice finished along the neckline. As fancy as this beading is, and could certainly be worn with a simple black dress, I actually prefer this dressed down look tucked in to a denim shirt. It gives it such a nice boho vibe.

19 comments:

  1. WOW! That's awesome! I have never had the patience to work with seed beads like this. I so admire people who can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. STUNNING. Shorter, darker colored beads, staggered drops -- each change is an improvement. It looks fabulous on your beautiful model. The beauty of it all makes me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Cynthia! It is fancy but I think it could be dressed down beautifully too like your model has done. :) It sounds like those finishing touches really made a difference. I love the subtle leather cord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! Your model is too! The link to the shop didn't work but I'm curious about the Czech beads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!! You must have such patience!! I love the colour and the design. The link to the shop didn't work. Hope everything is well! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely did right by this necklace by adding those drops under the clear rounds. After reading this, I could envision the necklace without the drops you added and it left me feeling a little flat. These added ones gave it a nice up~down rhythm and really, you can NEVER go wrong with more drops! and to answer your Czech question...I'd say YES :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh! This is absolutely SO BEAUTIFUL! And your model wears it well, and it just sits to pretty! A perfect use for your drops.
    Hope all is well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, you are really good ... what a wonder of design. Your model wears it well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool! This necklace looks like it took a really long time to make and is sure to catch attention whenever it's worn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an intricate design and beautifully modelled by your daughter! The drops are gorgeous. That's an interesting question about the Czech beads :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing post. Please comment and follow my blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the way the necklace lays on the neck and yes, while the beading is ornate, it works well dressed up or casual. Very beautiful. Love it in black.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so lovely. It must take some patience and mindfulness to create :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous necklace! I love the intricate detail and drop beads. The leather cord was a great idea, -will have to remember that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oops -just saying hi again the comment signed anonmymous it me Lisa @ carefree jewelry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful and breathtaking necklace!

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy