Wednesday, November 14, 2012

BTW :: Challenge of Color









I am really excited to be joining Erin's Challenge of Color Blog Hop. Her theme is Earth as Art, and these are my photo inspiration. On the right is Guinea-Bissau and on the left is the Empty Quarter. Both are amazing ... I simply love the richness to the selections. 

I spent several hours playing with beads last night trying to get just the right color combinations to bring out the earthiness to these pallets. You can see my bead table in the center, and all the beads I'm pushing around as I play with beading patterns. If anyone has any obvious beady ideas please don't be shy and shout it out at me!

11 comments:

  1. What great colors to work with! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see a Guinea-Bisseau choker/collar.

    You'll come up with something extraordinary, you always do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great theme! I can see you have a great eye for colour, as your beads match those images perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You started already!!! Nice palette.
    I should put mine up, it is a surprising mix of colors that I got.

    I am waiting for the Thanksgiving holidays to start thinking :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds exciting! Looking forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you are jumping right in! I can't wait to see how these beautiful images and color palettes inspire you! Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm. Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love color challenges! Your palettes are beautiful. I look forward to seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't the palettes amazing?? Can't wait to see what you create, with whichever one (or both) you choose.

    I'll be hitting the bead room soon to figure out what I'll be doing for the challenge, too. Aaaahhh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have an award for you in my blog!!!
    Hope you like, dear..
    Have a wonderful weekend! and G+...

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful colours! I joined this too - look forward to sharing with everyone.

    ReplyDelete

AntiquityTravelers on Etsy